The alarm clock rang, I don’t want even to look at the time. It’s April 1 st. No! I want to skip this day. Can I get drunk and just sleep through the day? I feel woozy, maybe I’ve drunk too much with my friend last night.
Just think about it. Do we have to celebrate a lie when the world is full of corruption and mischievous people? I don’t know what makes this day so special. Every day seems like a lie to me.
And here I am, trying to get dressed to go to work. I am a man of my word, and I hate all the office typical jokesters. Yay, look at me! I have all the fun in the world! I ironically said to the mirror, after filling my skin with aftershave.
- Very funny! — My wife made breakfast, a toast with a smile, and a dark coffee.
She was already gone since her shift had already started. My case was ready to go but I didn’t want to. I bet Oscar had some plans for today. He loved this holiday and he was really into it. All the tricks and lies that come with it. I just hate his personality when this day comes.
Don’t get me wrong, we are friends since I’ve entered the company. The only guy that you can have a nice conversation with and don’t be overwhelmed with his ego. But the first of April makes this man become the Devil.
The trip to the office was so fast that here I am, entering the sliding doors.
- Hello there, buddy! — I almost panicked at Oscar’s voice.
- Good morning.
- You don’t seem so good, Daniel. Need some coffee? — Why doesn’t he just shut up? I want to leave so badly.
- No. I’m good. Already had breakfast. — I’ve controlled my voice to sound like nothing affected me. Can’t we just skip this day?
- There is no too much coffee for me. We can always have another.
- I’m good. No coffee for me. — I hope he takes the lead to leave me alone.
- Well, I’ve tried. Coffee just for me then. Want to join?
- No. I have to get done with some work. You know, the deadlines kill me. — I could almost see a deviant gaze in his eyes. He was up to something, I could tell.